Friday, May 20, 2005

My Guide's Here!!!!

After 2 weeks and 2 days of peace thr was a sudden metamorphosis in my chores. Well, my internship advisor who had been holidaying in China for all this time finally arrived here on 18th May. My first meeting with him is something im gonna remember, not just bcoz after endless tries he still cudnt get the pronounciation of my name right, but coz he was so congenial and talked like he was a student himself. Greg, was exactly the way I had conjured in my mind....this really nice guy who takes real good are of his students. During the conversation he revealed that he was real bad at spellings and drawings :P
The day was special for another reason. I got a chance too attend the lecture of Robert BOB Horvitz, the 2002 nobel peace prize winner in Medicine and Physiology. He was jus like Greg (n y not Greg did his Phd under him!)-humorous and inspiring.
He mae the audience burst in their seats with his on-the-spur-of-the-moment snippits. This amazing speaker said whilst tallking about apoptosis( programmed cell death), "Bird feet come in two flavours-one the normal ones like in pigeons n the other webbed feet like in geese" hehehehe...Mo' ovr he seemed to personally know two of the birds whose photos he showed ..intersting.......His lecture just left me in complete awe of this Dr....
Well, life's been hectic since my guide came here...mo n mo work,,,,,well good in a way....workoholic tht i am! :P
N yes!! before i forget...the ABCT (read amerian born confused Taiwanese) in my lab -Victoria Wu, under whose guidance I am working.....fianly wore something othr than Black today!!!! She's so patient with me..Im thankful for tht....n I mean it....some of my frnds can vouch for the fact tht I can get really irritating at times....hehehehehe.....ADIOS!