Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Where am I?

29th april 20:20 hours IST:
I leave my hostel room totally oblivious of what a few days hence would b like. The only thought i had was that the outgoing final years wouldnt be thr wen i came back....it was seriously weird even trying to think about that.

30th April 00:05 hours IST:
I Reach Dum dum airport and wished happy b'day to amit .

30th April 12:30 IST
After a torturous night out at the airport I reach Pune only to run helter skelter and get my bags packed an meet all my relatives.

1st May 21:00 IST
I leave for Mumbai International Airport. I feel for the first time that I am going somewhere far- but where ?

2nd May 06:30 IST
After another night out at the airport I board the plane along with Anish, with whom I'd stay for the next 10 weeks.

2nd May 11:50 Germany ST
We reach Frankfurt and again depart at 2:15
The feeling is that of awe (except for the fact that the flight attendants arent like I expeted to be -Thanx to the cheap tikects of AIR_INDIA. Food isnt all that gr8. I try to shuffle between sleep and food and the intermittent sreenings of movies and soaps.
11.3 km above sea -level! flying thru the snowlike layer of clouds! -35 degrees outside temperatures! man its some experience.

2nd May 04:15 Chicago time:
I am finally thr! feels like wow! all set to rock this summer.
Step outta the airport after all the formailities-the strangest thing is that one an walk out with anyone else's bag!! I mean there is no heck whether u r carrying ur own bag or not! now thts weird!
Shabbir bhai drops us to 1112 Garnett street (r residence for the next 10n weeks) by his car.
Finally it all sinks in......YEAH! I am at the US of A for my summer internship at Northwesternn University, Evanston, IL.......BOY!!! This is gonna be one helluva summer.........lets c what happens,,.......