Wednesday, October 06, 2004

"METAL MOUTH"

It was in class 9 th that I became mo' conscious of my own self.......The mirror was never my prized possesion until then.Not that I really didnt care about dressing up smartly but there was a marked difference in the way I went about it having reached high school.It was then that I noticed them. Those crooked-asymmetrical-unaesthetic li'l white( read tartared-white) thingies were scaring the daylights out of me.At length, I resloved to visit that one direful person whom I never wanted to see. The very thought of HIM sent a chill down my spine.I could conjure all sorts of shuddery images of HIm masked and armed with his uncanny tools.The desire of getting those O-So-Perfect teeth finally vanquished the fright of my horrendous DENTIST.
I had prepared myself mentally and physically for the day of reckoning...THE D-DAY. He seemed to be pretty congenial at first which put me at ease.He began manoeuvring his tools in my open mouth as I endeavoured to keep my cool.After eternity he finally let the cat out of the bag.I could not beleive my ears."No,noo,nooo,noooo,never!", I cried to myself.I had to get braces put on for rectifying my malformed teeth.
After endless visits to his clinic and two whole years(GOSH!)I finally managed to sport my new 15 grand SMILE. Meanwhile,I had even managed to earn the hypocorism of "METAL MOUTH".But now it is all fine.Im jus always waiting to hear those two magical words which make the world smile,"SAY CHEESE"n there i go....flashing all the 28 of them.