Friday, February 23, 2007

The Worker


The protagonist of this poem is a normal albeit different worker...a sex worker... who has completely accepted the way her life is!


The silent night stares straight at me,
The stars smirk, the moon full of glee,
The street light is out, the road all free,
I wait, yet again....will go till eternity.

The chuckling satin, the silver and finery,
All bustling with joy to laud my misery,
Oblivious that their mirth will be put to shame
Bereft of my hide they'll be, when that hungry bear plays game.

Those growls I do hear but those paws I don't fear,
Callus I stand, whilst my poacher put to command,
Four big notes of green, that's the going price of my sheen,
Three.. two.. one... and then I am all free!

Those four walls await the feast,
As I relinquish myself to the beast,
Peeling off my last cloth of pity
I lie there while he devours my kitty.

His hungry thorn all piercing about,
His serpent tongue forks me out,
As he gropes me, pushes me.. down.. all around,
Bitten by deathly silence, I feel no pulse.. no sound.

Satiated when he leaves my nest,
I know I wont have time to rest,
A contented man can't hide for long,
Sooner or later the other bears will hear and throng.

My nights are my day's labor,
My lips have almost lost their flavor,
Tired am I? I choose not to answer,
This is my life, this is my cancer.

The sun is sleeping yet again,
The stars and moon simper in vain,
The street light is out, the road all free,
I wait, yet again....will go till eternity.